Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sad Day in the Metheny Household

Last night after daycare I noticed that Ava had a little rash. As the evening went on she became more and more miserable. Poor thing was covered in hives! I don't know what caused them because she wasn't around anything new, and she hasn't been allergic to anything before, I put some Benedryl cream on them and figured I would see how they were in the morning. Well they were still here this morning, if not a little worse.

So Ava got to take a trip to see her awesome PA Ms. Martha today to see what we could do to make the itching stop and to see what might be causing the hives. Well we aren't really sure what is causing the hives, but Ms. Martha did tell us to make sure that she got some liquid Benedryl, so we started giving her that. For anyone who knows Ava and her medicine tendencies we all know that Ava doesn't like taking them. This summer when my cousin Kristi was here with her she got stung by a bee near her eye and had to take Benedryl, and needless to day it was a mess! We ended up figuring out that the best option was to put it in her milk to make sure that she was getting it. Well today Ava saw me get the medicine out of the cabinet, and she immediately just told me that I better not be putting that in her milk. I knew that meant trouble. But in the end she took it just like a big girl, and then told me that it wasn't that bad! She is getting so big.

Tonight our hives seem better, but they are still bothering her a little bit, I'm really hoping that tomorrow is a better day for Baby Bean, there is nothing worse than having a sick baby at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment